Pages


His Name is Jesus Player

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Summer Projects

This summer has been full of fun projects!  Payson loves helping me!  Some projects I didn’t really want his help, and would mostly work on those ones while he was sleeping!  I feel like there is still more I want to do before little sister comes, but I got the biggest things done!!

Little Sister’s Room

Pay had a lot of fun helping me put the alphabet stickers on Little Sister’s wall.  I also put a canvas flower and a picture of the Savior holding a little girl’s hand in her room.  I am hoping to make cute curtains that match her quilt, but we’ll see if that actually happens.

IMG_4095

Water Table for Payson

This took me no longer than 30 minutes to make after I had bought the shower liner to keep the water from getting in the cardboard boxes I used as the base and table.  If you want to see how I made the table, I wrote about it on my Sing, Dance, and Play blog.

IMG_4132

Pay loved it for a few days, but the excitement has died down.  He still plays with it occasionally!  He really liked when we took all the toys and water out, and made soapy bubbles!

IMG_4134IMG_4136

After I made the table, Payson thought it would be fun to put all his toys (including stuffed animals and books) in the water!!  Guess I should have paid attention as to what toys he was bringing outside.

IMG_4144IMG_4145

Father’s Day Present from Payson

Payson had a lot of fun making Daddy’s Father’s Day gift! We printed a picture of Josh and Payson on fabric paper, ironed it on to the green fabric, and Payson stamped his hands and feet in blue paint and put them all over the green material.  We then put the material in a frame, so Josh could take it to work!!  It says “Daddy’s Boy!”

IMG_4348

Fabric Flowers

I learned how to make this one kind of fabric flower.  I wanted to make some for Little Sister’s blessing dress, but after I learned how- I decided to make some more because the few flowers I did make were so fun.  Payson had fun helping me glue the flowers together.  I hope to use these for headbands and other things for my little girl!

IMG_4347

Fleece Blanket

I will probably end up giving this away as a baby shower gift, but it was still fun to make!  I just used one piece of fleece and hemmed around the edge!

IMG_4354IMG_4355

AND THE BIG PROJECTS!!

Baby Blessing Dress

This is the first baby blessing dress I have ever made, and I’m pretty proud of it.  I actually used an online tutorial from kojodesigns.com.  I changed a few things, so the dress is not the exact same as the tutorial.  It was a lot of fun to make!  I hope it fits Little Sister for her blessing.

IMG_4351IMG_4351

Little Sister’s Baby Quilt

This was by far the project that took me the longest.  I have pieced simple quilts together before, but have never done applique and I have never free hand machine quilted a quilt before.  I actually think I did a great job on the strips and sewing them together.  The mistakes started coming when I did the things I have never done before, but I guess that is to be expected when doing something for the first time!  The quilt turned out really cute, and perfect for a baby girl!!

IMG_4377

IMG_4381IMG_4378IMG_4379IMG_4380

1 comment:

NaDell said...

NICE projects! I LOVE the quilt especially and the blessing dress. You are amazing. Just think what you could do with more since these were some firsts!
Enjoy your little guy while you wait. =) Love watching your family grow.

Avenly

Stationery Card
View the entire collection of cards.

Baby Announcement

Stationery card
View the entire collection of cards.