Payson has been acting like he is two for awhile in a good way, but he had his actual birthday last Friday! Unfortunately, Josh was out of town for an interview, so he was not with us for Payson’s actual 2nd birthday or Valentine’s Day! Pay and I still had a lot of fun on his birthday, and I felt like we were celebrating all week because he kept getting packages in the mail! Thank you family for sending some fun birthday gifts! It’s been a good distraction from one of Payson’s habits (Netflix)! Plus, I finally felt better his birthday week, so I had more energy to distract him!! I don’t really like Payson to watch much tv! Anyway, besides the awesome gifts in the mail- lots of events took place for Payson’s birthday!
The first event- His FIRST haircut! Yes, we waited 2 years to cut his hair. It took him 2 years to grow enough hair to cut. I know how to cut boys hair because my mom taught me on my brother’s hair when I lived at home. It has been years since I cut hair, and my hair cutting scissors were terribly dull, but given the circumstances I think I did pretty good! Josh was sad that his long baby locks were gone, and I admit I was a little sad, too, but he looks like a little two year old now instead of a little baby!!
If you have been watching the news, you know that Chicago got a terrible Winter this year. We are up to 64 inches last time I checked online, and another 8 inches today. Plus, the weather has been unbearably cold. Most days are under 20 degrees, if not under 0 degrees for the high, plus with wind chill and humidity- it feels a lot colder than it is. We had a day on Payson’s birthday week that was 31 degrees. I was so excited for a warmer day because I wanted to take birthday pictures outside in the snow. I edited some of the pictures, and even though Payson rarely smiled or looked at the camera, I think the pictures turned out cute.
I also attempted to take pictures inside, but they did not turn out nearly as cute!
On Payson’s actual birthday, Pay and I went out to lunch; then we made sugar cookies. This was Payson’s first time making sugar cookies, and he loved it! I forgot to put aprons on us, so naturally we both got flour all over us. Payson had a lot of fun rolling the dough and using the cookie cutters. We ate most of the cookies ourselves, but gave some to a single lady I visit teach and Dash (Payson’s best friend).
Since Josh didn’t get home until latish last night, we decided to do Payson’s cake today so Josh could be with us. Payson loves Elmo, so I made him an Elmo cake for his birthday. I am definitely not the World’s Greatest Baker or decorator, but I was surprised that the cake actually turned out to look like Elmo, and Payson knew it was Elmo without us telling him.I made a strawberry cake and used fruit for the Elmo face. I used marsh mellows for Elmo’s eyes. After cake we went to Chic-Fil-A for dinner because it has a play place, and given that it snowed a ton today- we figured it wouldn’t be crowded! We had the whole play place to ourselves, and Josh even climbed up onto the toy thing Payson.
Some 2 year old birthday facts about Payson:
Favorite tv show: “Bo on the Go”
Favorite drink: Black (Chocolate) Milk
Favorite songs: “Baby Bumble Bee” and “Wheels on the Bus” and “Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam”
Favorite Toys: Any toy with wheels (cars, airplanes, trucks, tractors, trains) but he often plays with play dough, stamps, stickers, markers and coloring book, balls (and basketball hoop) and all of his other toys. He loves to dump his entire toy box out every day. (He also likes his new tool set from Mimi and Grandpa Jones)
Favorite Book: He doesn’t really have a favorite book, but he loves to read!! He also loves the scriptures story book, although we usually only get through a page a night!
Payson can talk a lot!! He doesn’t talk around strangers, but once he warms up he is so fun to talk to! I counted about 150 words he can say and I understand. He also has about 5 words that Josh and I know what they mean, but know one else will. (example Candy is nana, and so is banana, and his word for water is something I can’t even type out because I wouldn’t know how to mesh the sounds together)! In addition to these I counted 11 names he can say.
Payson is no longer using his pacifier during the day. I clipped it, and he said it was “broke” and never put it in his mouth again. He does not have much interest in being potty trained, but hopefully (fingers crossed) he will before his younger sibling comes this summer.
Overall, Payson is a pretty good little boy! He rarely throws fits (knock on wood)!! He is usually very happy, and laughs all the time!! He loves to help with dishes, laundry, and pretty much wants to do what I do. He sure has a little fun personality, and I am proud to be his mommy!!
A few more stats after his doc apt. today: He weighs 25lbs, 33 inches tall, and his head was 48 cm. He is a little small dude, but given his genes we are not worried about him!! As the doctor checked his teeth, she said, “Let’s see if you have 10 on top and 10 on the bottom.” I laughed and said he doesn’t have that much. Then she said, “:Let’s see if you have 8 on top and 8 on the bottom.” Again, I knew he didn’t have that many. When we got home I counted, and he only has 12 teeth total!


No comments:
Post a Comment