Pages


His Name is Jesus Player

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Payson is going to be a BIG Brother

Payson LOVES babies!  He always points them out at the store.  He loves holding baby Alexis (his cousin), and he loves saying the word “baby!”  I think he will LOVE his new baby brother or sister which is schedule to come around August 2nd. (I made this video, but it didn’t turn out quite how I wanted it to.  Payson knows how to say Brother, and he points to my belly and says baby, but he just wasn’t cooperating when I was trying to make the movie!!  Oh well! This video is cute enough)!

We are just thrilled for our 2nd little one to join our family!  I finally started feeling a little better this week.  If you have been following the blog, you know that we have traveled a TON over the last year.  Well, those last  4 or 5 trips really made my 1st trimester cruise by even with my morning sickness.  Christmas was great because I had family to just help take care of Payson while I sat around being sick to my stomach.  Our DC trip was nice because we did a lot of walking in the fresh air, which didn’t take away my sour stomach, but it seemed to help a little.  Chicago has just been to dang cold to walk out in, so the days that I was home with Payson were somewhat lazy!!  Needless to say- Payson watched a lot of tv, our house was not the cleanest, and I moaned a lot!  I know I complained to Josh about all the trips, but I guess they turned out to be a good thing!! :-)  I also ate A LOT!  Keeping my stomach feeling full was really the only thing that helped me to not get too sick.  I tried ginger pills, and they helped for about 3 days.  I have already gained 6 lbs, but I think that is because of all the food and not exercising!  I do need to give a virtual high five to my husband.  He was/still is a great dad to Payson.  He played with him, put him to bed some nights, and all that other good dad stuff!  He also did a lot of the dishes, which helped me a ton, since we don’t have a dishwasher!!

I do have a cute little baby bump, but if you didn’t know I was pregnant- you would think it was just a fat bump!

IMG_1870  IMG_1875  IMG_1888

We told our families about this baby at Christmas time.  (Well, some of my family already knew like my mom, sister, and brother and his wife).  My brother and his wife actually guessed because we were at their house, and I wouldn’t get in the hot tub.  It was wayyyy to hard to lie, so we told them.  It was a lot of fun surprising everyone else at Christmas, though!  We told Josh’s mom by giving her an ornament I made online.  The ornament had 5 sides.  One side with a 2 pairs of shoes, one with Payson and his Awesome Brother shirt, one with Grandma and Payson, and just a cute one of Payson.  The last side said “World’s Best Grandma, again!”  Here’s the link to see the ornament: Grandma Molly's ornament.  Molly was pretty surprised, and I think the rest of Josh’s siblings were, too! 

We told Josh’s dad and stepmom by giving them a calendar I made online with pictures of Payson.  For the month of August I put a big picture of Payson holding his special sign.  (See the picture below)!  Then on August 2nd, I put a little baby rattle with the words “Baby Jones #2 Due Date!”  They were totally surprised when they got to August!

IMG_1703

I think my dad had a clue that we were going to have another baby, but he pretended not to know.  Aaron, my little brother, did not know, so I made him a shirt that said, “World’s Coolest Uncle” with 7 nephews and nieces.  Right now Aaron only has 4 nephews and 2 nieces, so the extra little stick figure was a baby.  It took him a minute to catch on that their was an extra little figure on his shirt, but he thought it was pretty cool, and wore it to our family Christmas party.

I bought Payson a cute shirt mainly to announce our pregnancy to our extended families.  I did put a picture of Payson in his shirt on Molly’s ornament.  Here’s the little guy in his “Awesome Brother” shirt.assetBVSL0B1Q assetT22BF0W4

We had our annual Family Sock Party on my dad’s side of the family in Pocatello.  Aaron wore his new shirt, and Payson wore his special shirt.  I didn’t say anything to anybody, and we wanted to see how many people actually caught on to the whole “Brother” thing.  The first to notice was my cousin’s wife, and only a few others noticed after her.  My Aunt Sherry was one, and then my mom said that I had a talent.  That was my cue to hold Payson up, and have people actually read his shirt!  My talent was to grow a human being! My grandma was funny because she was like, “You’re not going to sing for your talent?”  I’m not sure she understood right off the bat, but then she was excited for us!!

Steve announced it for us at the Jones’ family party after we gave them the calendar.  At the Mayo family party Sadie and I wrapped the “Awesome Brother” shirt in a box and put it in the white elephant gifts.  The plan was to have whoever picked that gift open it, and then pretend that it was actually put in the wrong pile, and it was supposed to be Payson’s present.  If you read our Christmas post, then you know what actually happened.  Payson wanted to open a gift from the white elephants before we really got started.  Sadie and I were like- just let him open it, knowing that it was the shirt.  Finally everyone gave in after deciding that he could be number 1 for the white elephants.  The reaction of Josh’s aunts  when Payson pulled out the shirt was awesome!!  I really wish I would have recorded it!!

We are pretty excited, and we think Payson will really love being a big brother! 

No comments:

Avenly

Stationery Card
View the entire collection of cards.

Baby Announcement

Stationery card
View the entire collection of cards.