Pages


His Name is Jesus Player

Friday, January 13, 2023

Cabin Time x 2

 I finally got to see my cabin completed, and loved every minute being there.  It felt like mine more than our house in Brazil- probably because Josh and I designed, chose materials, bought the furniture, etc. for it. I meant to take pictures of my kitchen because it is an amazing kitchen with a T island, and beautiful cabinets.  I only got some pictures of the outside and some deer through the big windows.

Speaking of the deer.  We saw them every day we were at the cabin.  They were not very shy, albeit still skittish.  They came so close on our last day while we were loading up the car, that they distracted us to get an early start.  In fact, one baby deer was asking for food, so we gave him an apple.  The mom, was more shy, but after a minute stole the apple from the baby, and even kicked the baby when he tried to  eat more of the apple.  

My parents, Aaron, and Jason and family came to our cabin for a night.  We played games, and cuddled baby Neil.  It was fun to spend a little more time with them.

We, mostly the kids, spent some time outside.  They convinced me to embrace the snow, and go for a walk one day.  I also taught the girls how to shovel snow. They did a great job, and enjoyed what they were doing.  The kids loved exploring our land in the snow.

I thought I did a blog post on the cabin, but I guess not, so I will have to do one in the future.  For now, more pictures are on the listing.

Here is the VRBO link to see pictures: https://www.vrbo.com/2635729?unitId=3206332&childrenCount=2&arrival=2023-02-01&departure=2023-02-06&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=earned:vrbo:sharecopylink:USA&utm_content=2635729&oc=OqHkX6x1cxolztPNLNF-B

We headed up to Northern Utah after spending 4 days at the cabin.  First we went to Grandma Mayo's to attend the Mayo Christmas party.  It was really great to see some of Josh's extended family, and visit with Grandma Mayo.

Then we spent the weekend at Steve and Deana's cabin.  We played games, ate food, and took care of sick kids and sick daddy- Josh.  

The highlight of the weekend was tubing at Soldier Hollow with almost all of the Steve and Deana posterity crew.  My kids enjoyed it, however, because Trexton wasn't feeling great, he didn't want to go down the hill more than once.  I made him go the second time because we were already at the top, and I wasn't going to walk down. lol  I hardly saw Payson and Avenly on the hill because they went with other people in our party.  We were slow with the littles.  It snowed the whole time, so tubing wasn't too fast.  Zaylee hardly weighs anything, so she would go a little, and then I would have to push her. Steve treated us to dinner afterword, and it was really enjoyable.

We took some family photos of the whole crew one day. I didn't get one with my camera since I was in the photo, but I snapped a few of the siblings and kids with the grands.  I had to bribe Trexton with donuts to smile.  He was not a happy camper.
Josh and I were lucky enough to get great seats and the Jazz game, thanks to Steve.  We asked who wanted to go with us, and ended up with Zaylee and  Trexton.  Zaylee wanted to go for the Dip-n-Dots, and Trexton just likes basketball.  He also enjoyed the Dip-n-dots  We sat right behind the camera, so that was cool.  It was a pretty intense game.

Josh and Payson were going to go skiing one day, but they were too sick to go, so I took the girls shopping instead.  We went to Michaels and hit up the Christmas clearance.  Then went out to lunch.  
It was a fun little date with them.
We spent one evening with Grandma Molly and all of her posterity.  She ordered us pizza and we had our Christmas with her.  She gave us Disney shirts, and we ironically gave her a Disney shirt, as well.  We were lucky enough to have her come to Disney with us, but that will be the next blog post. 
It pretty much snowed the whole time we were in Utah except when we were in St. George.  Utah needs the snow, and they sure got it.  The first picture is driving down from Steve's cabin, and the second picture is one I took right after we took off in the airplane from the SLC airport.
We wish would could have seen Grandma Jones on this trip.  The virus that most of us had, was rough.  We didn't want to get her and Jay, her husband, sick.  Everyone is still coughing, and it has been over two weeks since Trexton first got sick.  Despite being sick, we loved our time with Josh's family, and felt it went  by too quickly.  We are, however, glad to be back in the warm climate. haha





















No comments:

Avenly

Stationery Card
View the entire collection of cards.

Baby Announcement

Stationery card
View the entire collection of cards.