Payson turned 8 years old on February 14, 2020.
He was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints on March 7, 2020 in Las Vegas, NV by his dad, Josh.
It was a special time, and the Spirit was there. Payson planned the program for his baptism with me, and he asked is grandparents to help. Grandma Teresa played the piano and we sang "When I am Baptized" for the opening song and "Book of Mormon Stories" for closing. Grandpa Doug gave the talk on baptism after Uncle Ezra (Sadie's husband) gave the opening prayer. Then Grandma Molly and me (mom) were witnesses while he was baptized. While Josh and Pay were getting dressed, we watched a little video with Primary songs and pictures of Payson's life. Then Anny, Zaylee, and I (well, mostly me) sang a song I wrote, "An Example to Me." Grandpa Jones gave the talk on the Holy Ghost. After Pay was confirmed I got to do the quick Primary Welcome and Brother Kidd from our Bishopbric did the Ward Welcome and closing remarks. Sister Peterson from Primary was the chorister. We ended the meeting with Aunt Sadie giving the closing prayer.
Payson had wonderful support from family and friends. My aunt (Payson's great aunt) Sheryl came, as well, and Payson had four friends (Richie, Emmett, Allison, and Jason) and their families come. The Huber family from our ward also attended.
After the baptism Josh grilled fish and chicken for the family. It was a special day. I know Payson felt the Spirit, and he has been such a good kid since his baptism.
Well, since it is so great to be 8, Payson got to have a friend birthday party this year for his birthday. He wanted a Star Wars Party, so a Stars Wars party complete with a BB-8 (since he turned 8) cake, candy lights sabers, and a Death Star pinata is what he had.

The party began with the kids making there own droids. Then they went for a ride in the Millennium Falcon (youtube video of Disney Land's ride). They visited 4 planets where they had to climb the slippery snow mountain, cross over the hot lava, crawl through the laser beams, and shoot down the storm troopers. They finally made it to the Death Star, and got a bunch of candy as their reward.
It turned out great, and even though the kids were crazy, Payson was happy, so that made me happy!!
Payman has only been 8 for almost a month, but I can tell it is going to be a great year for him. I love him, and I am proud of his decision to get baptized.


































No comments:
Post a Comment