Do you remember this picture from my Instagram and Facebook?
This was taken in Lakeport, California about 7 weeks ago. Josh had just gotten done with an interview for a job, and the interview went well.
This next picture is taken close to the same spot! about two weeks ago.
Josh got the job in Lakeport, California. He is the Deputy County Manager Officer. So far he loves it, and it has been a nice place for us. The weather has just been perfect, and we love our new little house.
Josh was offered a couple of jobs, but we felt that this is where the Lord wanted us. We both felt strongly that we needed to be here, and now that we are here we still feel that we made the right decision. We feel so blessed to have this opportunity, and we both have learned a lot from our time without a job. We are so grateful for family that let us live with them, and so glad we had the time to see everyone and in a sense, “catch up!”
Lakeport is a town right on the lake, and we can literally see the lake across the street from our front window. We upgraded to a Uhaul truck for this move, rather than a trailer. You can imagine how fun the truck was for Payson!
The kids and I arrived before Josh because we had the car. The kids loved the empty house, which has been completely remodeled with new appliances. We played hide and seek! Payson found some pretty good places to hide!
With moving comes boxes- lots and lots of boxes. The kids have been loving the empty boxes! I made a “sand box” for Pay’s kinetic sand. Pay made a car, and Pay and Avenly just like sitting in the empty boxes playing with each other. I am using parts of our big table box to make a platform for our kiddy pool to go outside. (Our yard is all really nice landscaped rocks).
We added some furniture this move, as well. We were able to get my matching couch from our condo in Salt Lake. Molly, Sadie, and Spencer gave us their “kid” beds for our kids, which by the way- Payson loves his new bed!! We also bought a table because we sold our other one before we left Ohio. Josh has been so good putting it all together for us- even if it has taken a long time! Grandma and Grandpa Mayo also gave us their old recliner/rocking chair. We sold our glider in Ohio, as well. Plus, Josh finally got to put his Christmas present together- a fireplace tv stand.
This was before our table was put together.
We have now lived here for just about three weeks. It seems like those three weeks have flown by. Since moving here we have had dinner on the lake at a place within walking distance from our house, went to Bodega Bay on the Pacific Coast, and all that other stuff you do after you move!
I also feel like the kids are growing too fast! I don’t know if it is having our own place again, or what, but I feel like I need to give updates on both of them!!
Payson is potty trained! I tried once a year ago, but he was not interested, and then I kind of tried again one other time, but I am not sure what happened there. Then I had a pretty clingy newborn, so didn’t try in the fall, and then we lived with family for 4 months. I did not want to potty train him in other people’s houses, so I waited exactly one week after we moved in. It took less than 12 hours to get the boy potty trained. In fact, it was so easy, that one Sunday night I changed his diaper for bed, and the next morning he went on the toilet. After that, he has not had a diaper on since. He had very few accidents, and I have hardly even had to remind him to go. He has not peed the bed, yet, and he even said Avenly can have all his other diapers. I am not trying to brag- I was just amazed at how easy it was to train him. (Probably because he was already 3).
Avenly turned 9 months a couple days ago. She has been cutting her two bottom teeth this week, and may be getting her top front teeth soon, too. She still wears her patch for lazy eye, and I use to have cute ones, but I found some more sensitive patches that aren’t as cute. They don’t hurt her skin like the other ones did, so we are stuck with boring tan patches for now. (My mom made her a cute pirate patch, but she rips that one off).
She pulls herself up onto the furniture now, and the other day we saw her push the stool in the kitchen and walk behind it. I am not ready for her to walk, so I am not encouraging it! She absolutely LOVES food, and anything she thinks is food- which is everything! (I really have to watch her, and keep the floor clean, especially after Payson plays with play dough). Also, she says mama all the time
We truly have been blessed in all things. I am so grateful the Lord has a plan for us, and I know that as long as we follow his guidance and do his will things will always work out, as the always have in the past. Living in Northern California was something I never expected would happen, but that is what happens in life- we just live the best we can and we are blessed even if those blessings are not what you expect and in a way you expect them!
No comments:
Post a Comment