Pages


His Name is Jesus Player

Sunday, June 4, 2023

Ipitanga Beach in Salvador, Brazil

We really wanted a beach vacation, and Salavador had the cheapest tickets of all the northern beach cities we were looking at. I hear it is actually a pretty cool city because it was Brazil's first capital before Brasilia. We didn't really see the city part of Salvador because we just spent our whole time a the beach in a safer area away from the city. For a summary of the trip: Here is the video I made: When we arrived on Saturday, it was rainy and overcast, but it did clear later in the afternoon. We stayed in a nice Airbnb that was part of a set of about 10 condos on the beach. When we were finaly able to go play at the beach after arriving, it was low tide and because of the storm there were a lot of little jellyfish on the beach. In fact, we saw lot of little critters including jellyfish, crabs, little bigger crabs, sea slugs, and Josh even saw an eel. Sunday we had a lovely walk along the beach and when it got dark we went to look at the stars. We found out my camera on my phone has some pretty cool night vision. I would take the picture, not even knowing if I was aiming at the people in it because it would be dark. Then when the picture processed it would be lightened. Monday was our FULL beach day. We went out in the morning during high tide and jumped in the waves and pretty much stayed out (with a few exceptions) until dusk when it was low tide. It was cool to see the tide change throughout the day. Those excpetions of going inside included food breaks and Trexton breaks. Trexton did not like sand on himself, so once he got too sandy, he would demand to take a shower. He got wet and sandy three different times that day, so he took at least three different showers. We took turns helping him, and at one point Zaylee was tired and needed a break from the sun and sand, so we locked them in the condo with a show on tv for a short time. Now for the adventure story of the day...In the morning during high tide we were jumping and riding the waves. Josh took Trex inside for his first shower of the day. Zaylee was on the beach playing in the sand. A guy comes running along the beach and waved for us to get out of the water. I couldn't understand what he was saying because he was running, the waves were loud, and it was in Portuguese. I am getting better at understanding Portuguese, but I still need to fully concentrate and hear the words in order to understand. We got out, thinking maybe he was warning us of rip-tide. Josh came back out, and I went in to help Trex. When I came out to trade him again, he said he thought he saw a shark. It is possible the guy was telling us that their was a shark! IDK! Anyway, a short time later, the girls and I were walking along the beach, and I was looking out at the water. I distinctly saw a huge silver thing bob at least 2 feet out of the water. It looked an awful lot like a shark, but I didn't see a fin. So, the question is... did we really see a shark? Maybe?! We did see big turtles bobbing their heads out of the water, and later on when the tide was even lower we saw the turtles bodies out yonder. The waves were too rough and with a potential shark in the water, we didn't attempt to snorkle with the turtles, but it was fun to see them. The last adventure was when we had a 6 am flight, so we woke up at 4 am, flew home, then took the kids and Josh to work and school right from the airport. We came home with tans, smiles, and good memories.

No comments:

Avenly

Stationery Card
View the entire collection of cards.

Baby Announcement

Stationery card
View the entire collection of cards.